The Rock IV
- Use the spell point system from Unearthed Arcana (p. 153) with the Vitalizing variant (p.156) with the following adjustments/variants.
- A character can attempt to cast a spell that he doesn’t have spell points for (but not exceeding the maximum allowed by his caster level). He must make a concentration check with a DC equal to 20+spell level or the spell fizzles. Regardless of the outcome of the concentration check, he takes both lethal and non-lethal damage equal to the level of the spell cast.
- The Endurance feat will grant a +4 bonus to concentration checks to cast a spell that he has insufficient spell points for.
- Elves get a +2 bonus to concentration checks to cast a spell that he has insufficient spell points for.
- Halflings gain their racial bonus to saves to concentration checks to cast a spell that he has insufficient spell points for.
- Endurance is added to the list of feats available to wizards at 5th, 10th etc., as well as any spellcasting class that grant similar bonus feats.
- The Reserves of Strength Feat from Dragonlance can be taken by and applied to spellcasters
- Warlocks gain spellpoints as a sorcerer of level equal to the Warlock’s levelx2 and eldritch blasts ad invocation each cost spell points equal to it’s equivalent spell level regardless of the number of damage Die applied. Once a warlock’s spell point pool is depleted, he may attempt to use blasts and evocations as spells of their equivalent level by making concentration checks to cast a spell that he has insufficient spell points for. He gets a +4 bonus on these concentration checks.
- Classes that have advanced spell progression (such as Chameleon and Divine Crusader) use their class level x 1.5 to determine their spell points as a spontaneous or prepared caster, whichever applies.
- Reserve feats check for spell points left to determine the highest level of spell available. However, it costs one spell point to use any effect from a reserve feat.